Two Free CPD Seminars on Acoustics & Acoustic Design
December 7, 2018
At CNC Building Control we like to invest in our clients which is why we hold regular seminars throughout the year on Building Control related subjects.
Our next two seminar ‘Acoustics in Education ‘ and ‘Ceiling Design & Room Acoustics’ are being delivered by Melissa Davies, East Anglia Area Manager, from Saint-Gobain Ecophon. Saint-Gobain Ecophon are a leading global supplier of acoustic ceiling and wall panel systems and have a reputation for innovation and thought leadership.
Ceiling Design & Room Acoustics Seminar content :-
- Introduction to room acoustics
- Highlights the relationship between a room, the people using it and the activity taking place there
- Fundamental knowledge of Acoustics and understanding the different requirements for different types of space
- Confidence that a range of solutions are available
- Module size, edge details, layout, access
Acoustics in Education content :-
- Understanding the implications and contribution noise has on educational environments
- Heriot-Watt University Research
- Building Bulletin 93 and Equalities Act 2010
- Bremen University Research Study
- How improved acoustic conditions lower heart rate and stress levels
- Classroom acoustic recommendations and solutions
Date for both Seminars : Thursday, 24th January 2019
Venue A : Council Chamber, South Norfolk House, Long Stratton
Subject : Ceiling Design & Room Acoustics
Time : 8.30 am registration with presentation starting at 9 am
Venue B : The Boathouse, Wisbech
Subject : Acoustics in Education
Time : 1 pm registration with presentation starting at 1.30 pm
Cost : FREE
Length : Each seminar will be in the region of 1 hour (including questions)
There will also be an opportunity for questions at the end of the presentations. Tea/Coffee & bacon rolls (morning), light refreshments (lunchtime) will be available during registration at both venues.
Car Parking – Long Stratton Venue: available at the rear of the staff car park
Car Parking – Wisbech Venue: available outside The Boathouse
We are expecting a high response to this presentation and numbers are limited, so please book early to avoid disappointment by emailing email@example.com. The closing date for replying is Friday, 18th January 2018.
If you would like to book please call Joan on 01508 535304 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org