Compliments, Suggestions and Complaints

If you have a compliment, a suggestion for how we can improve our service, or a complaint, we want to hear about it. Please Select the relevant link below to get in touch.


We love hearing when we’ve provided excellent service, been particularly helpful or just that our staff are doing a good job. It helps us to know we are continuing to move in the right direction, and we always pass your comments onto the relevant members of staff.


We’re not perfect! If you have an idea for improving services, or you want to comment on what we do, we would like to hear from you. You may unearth that “hidden gem” that can improve our service or make us even more efficient.


If things haven’t gone as anticipated, or a problem has occurred we still want to hear from you. If you are dissatisfied in any way with aspects of our work we would like to know so that we can try and put things right for you.

How to contact us

Online: follow the relevant link above
By phone: 01508 535300
In writing: CNC Building Control, South Norfolk House, Cygnet Court, Long Stratton, Norwich, NR15 2XE
In person: at our offices, as per the above address.

What we will do if you make a complaint:

Stage one:

We will acknowledge your complaint within five working days. Within 15 working days we will give you a full explanation and tell you how we will resolve your complaint or send a progress report.

Stage two:

If you are not happy with the resolution we have given, or the way we have handled your complaint, you can ask that our Assistant Director or Director reviews your complaint. You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt within five working days and within 15 working days you will get a full response. If your complaint is complex, the Director may decide to ask a panel of impartial Members to review it at a time that’s convenient for you. If your complaint involves the Assistant Director or Director, then we will arrange to have someone else look into your complaint at this stage.

Local Government Ombudsman

Stage three is the final stage in our complaints procedure. If you are still unhappy you can take your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman. You can contact the Ombudsman at any time, but he will usually only look into your complaint once you have been through our complaints procedure.

Complaints not handled by our complaints procedure

Certain types of complaints, such as information issues, are handled in different ways. If this is the case with your complaint, we will tell you the procedures and your rights under them.