What do the regulations cover?

The Building Regulations cover the erection of new buildings, the extension or alteration of existing buildings and the provision of a controlled service or fitting (e.g. drainage, heat producing appliances) and where certain changes of use to a building occur.

There are certain minor building works that do not require approval. Please contact us for specific information regarding your project

The Building Regulations are arranged in Approved Documents, covering the following:

  • A  Structure
  • B  Fire safety
  • C  Site preparation and resistance to contaminants and moisture
  • D  Toxic substances
  • E   Resistance to the passage of sound
  • F   Ventilation
  • G  Sanitation, hot water safety and water efficiency
  • H  Drainage and waste disposal
  • J   Combustion appliances and fuel storage systems
  • K   Protection from falling, collision and impact
  • L   Conservation of fuel and power
  • M  Access to and use of buildings
  • P   Electrical safety
  • Q Safety in Dwellings
< Back to FAQ's


To discuss your specific needs, please get in touch with us
For expert advice, prompt service and a competitive quotation, contact our team, who will be happy to help you

0808 168 5041
CNC Building Control
PO Box 1370
NR15 2GX
Visit Us
South Norfolk, Norwich and Broadland
South Norfolk House
Cygnet Court
Long Stratton
NR15 2XE
King's Lynn, West Norfolk and Fenland
The Boathouse Business Centre
1 Harbour Square
Nene Parade