What can I do if I have already carried out work without permission, is it too late to apply?

If the work was carried out after November 1985 you can apply retrospectively for a Regularisation Certificate.  You may have to expose some areas of work for inspection to establish compliance with the Building Regulations in force at the time the work was carried out.  There are some areas that the Local Authority may exclude from the Certificate because it is impossible to determine adequacy without substantial damage.

If the work was completed prior to November 1985 the work cannot be regularised.

To see if we can give you retrospective approval please contact us

< Back to FAQ's


To discuss your specific needs, please get in touch with us
For expert advice, prompt service and a competitive quotation, contact our team, who will be happy to help you

0808 168 5041
CNC Building Control
PO Box 1370
NR15 2GX
Visit Us
South Norfolk, Norwich and Broadland
South Norfolk House
Cygnet Court
Long Stratton
NR15 2XE
King's Lynn, West Norfolk and Fenland
The Boathouse Business Centre
1 Harbour Square
Nene Parade