Do I need permission to install a WC, shower, washbasin, kitchen sink, or similar?

Yes – if the installation of the fitting or fittings will involve alterations to, or new connections to, a drainage stack or an underground drain. You should also check with your Building Control Service to find out how much information is required about the fittings you intend to use.

No – provided the work only involves installing an additional fitting or fittings in the same or a new location which does not involve extensions to the drainage pipework.

< Back to FAQ's